This October, Radio Helderberg serves its reception areas with a vivacious integrated sound.
The station has decided to reshuffle its presenters and go across boundaries. The station broadcasts in three languages which are: English 40%, Afrikaans 40% and isiXhosa 20%. The programmes are designed to meet and entertain according to this criterion. However now, the station has introduced an integrated sound across all programmes.
According to Eddie Goldberg, the radio station will try to reach the biggest potential audience based on the research done by the Broadcast Research Council (www.brcsa.org.za).
Below are some of the integrated alterations you can expect going forward:
• A fresh feel for the radio station that listeners can relate to.
• The breakfast show will be hosted by Danie Van der Merwe and his new co-host, Robin Cloete.
• Johann Myburgh is now joined by Zandile Ngece and they are the lunch-time show presenters.
• Tommy Dell is now bringing more entertainment and revitalising the night owls with magnificent popular and contemporary tunes!
• Radio Helderberg is now a true reflection of “Cape Town’s integrated society”. The shows bring you great contemporary music & popular songs, spectacular features, interesting artists and a “feel good” approach.
The presenters are sassy, fun and entertaining – so prepare yourself for a treat.
Goldberg also stated that “Radio Helderberg is all about celebrating the diversity that exists within our reception areas. We are merging our communities together and celebrating being “Capetonians” above all other sub – categories. We are excited and aim to satisfy the majority of our listeners. While we are still having the Heritage Month frame of mind, I believe this is the perfect time to start this new feel and sound at our station”.
Live stream Radio Helderberg on www.radiohelderberg.co.za or tune into 93.6 FM.